Decarboxylation or decarb is an important and essential step in the production of medical cannabis, recreational cannabis, and CBD oil products used to treat anxiety, cancer, chronic pain, epilepsy, insomnia, inflammation, multiple sclerosis, and more.
Hemp (Cannabis Sativa) and marijuana (Cannabis Indica), are two varieties of the cannabis plant that have been used by many cultures over millennia for medical treatments.
The two main cannabinoids in the cannabis plant, THC and CBD, are just two of more than 100 identified cannabinoids, all of which have their own unique therapeutic uses. Ethnobiologists have found the most widespread historical use of cannabinoids in the Middle Eastern and Asia where they are still used to treat medical conditions and diseases.
CBD oil is not psychoactive so users don’t get high when they ingest it as happens when THC is ingested.
Decarb Transforms Inactive Substances into Useful Cannabinoids
CBD and THC are not naturally occurring in hemp or cannabis plants. The decarboxylation process is required to convert cannabidiolic acid (CBDA) and tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) into CBD and THC respectively.
Decarboxylation, a heating process, removes a carboxyl group from molecules and releases carbon dioxide. Historically, decarboxylation was achieved by lighting marijuana joints with a match or baking pot brownies in an oven. Today, small scale partial decarboxylation is achieved by treating hemp and cannabis in ovens, pots, pans, and slow cookers found at home.
Large scale decarboxylation requires much more stringent methods that produce the maximum quality with a minimum of waste.
How Large-Scale Decarboxylation Unlocks the Benefits of CBD Oil
CBD oil manufacturers use industrial ovens for decarboxylation to significantly increase the yield of the process and activate the many therapeutic compounds in CBD. CBD oil is extracted from baked decarboxylated hemp which is bulk loaded onto racks and wheeled into ovens.
Despatch’s CBD Decarboxylation Oven or Decarb Oven is a modified industrial Class A oven that optimizes the decarb process for making CBD oil and includes a stainless steel interior to prevent corrosion and a fire suppression system.
We hope this article has given you some insight and useful information about industrial process ovens. If you have any questions, our skilled customer service team can assist you. Please call 952-649-6529 or send a message!
Top 15 CBD Manufacturers
1. Canopy – Producer of natural CBD hemp oils and tinctures for healing and chronic pain treatment
2. Aurora Cannabis – Aurora Cannabis is a medical cannabis producer.
3. Cronos – Global cannabinoid company producing cannabis and hemp-based wellness products
4. Tilray – A global leader in cannabis research, cultivation, processing, and distribution
5. HEXO – Produces Hydropothecary medical cannabis products and adult-use products
6. Organium – Health solutions and consulting services company
7. TGOD – Produces dissolvable CBD Powder used to infuse food or beverage with cannabis
8. Sundial Growers – Alberta cannabis grower and producer of medical-based CBD products
9. SpeakEasy Growers – A collective of the top cannabis growers in Canada
10. TerrAscend – A leader in the production and distribution of hemp-derived CBD wellness products
11. Supreme – Producer of medical CBD oils and adult products
12. Emerald – Manufacturer of CBD products, dietary supplements, and topicals
13. Zenabis – Canada’s largest licensed producer of medical and recreational cannabis
14. Harvest One – Producer of health, wellness, and self-care products with a specific focus on sleep anxiety and pain
15. JWC – Producer of medical cannabis products
Image Credit: Pikrepo